Leaf & Brush Pickup
It shall be the responsibility of any person referred to in § 50.02 to cut and place any brush neatly between the sidewalk and the street, with nothing extending over the road or sidewalk, with the cut end facing the road. Brush may be placed in the right-of-way no earlier than the Friday preceding pickup. Brush may not exceed five inches in diameter or eight feet in length. There shall be no garden waste, leaves, lumber, roots, concrete, stones, or poison ivy mixed with the brush. Thorny bushes and vines must be cut into four-foot lengths and tied in small bundles with string (no rope, twine, or wire).
The D.P.W. will be implementing a new year-round brush pickup. Pickup will be done one day during the weeks depending on weather. Have your brush out by Monday at 7:00 a.m. to ensure pickup.
Leaf pickup will be done one day during the week depending on weather. Have your leaves out to the street by Monday at 7:00 a.m. to ensure pickup. Once the truck has gone by your house, it will not pick up again until the next scheduled pickup day.
Please follow these simple instructions for leaves:
- Rake leaves to the edge of the street, not in the street. If we cannot reach them with the vacuum hose we will not be able to pick them up.
- Do not make leaf piles wider than (4’) four feet wide or we cannot reach them all.
- Do not rake leaves around posts, signs, mailboxes or cars keep them at least (4’) four feet away from all objects.
- Do not pile them at intersections where we will have to block traffic to pick them up.
- Do not mix trash, sticks, rocks or other debris with leaves as it will cause damage to the leaf vacuum and/or injury.
- Do not pile brush and leaves together we cannot sort it for you.
- Do not put leaves in bags we do not pick up bags.
2019 Leaf Pickup Schedule